AS MEDIA 2009-2010 Suffolk College

Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
I am a student at Suffolk College and I am studying AS media. This is a Blog about Film Noir and Neo-Noir, also in a group we made our version of a contemporary film noir. Hope you enjoy.

Thursday 29 April 2010

The Exchange

We were asked to film a 2 minute clip of 2 people or more exchanging something, it would be under the impression that it was a film noir and we were asked to make it mysterious and creepy. And to film it black and white, This is our second tast this year after the Pleminary Exercise, and hopefully we will get rid of any old schoolboy mistakes and give it a real slick look to it all.

It is going to be filmed in black and white to create a more mysterious and glim look to it to make the audience feel more tensed and worried, and also to make it feel as if it is a film noir.

The plot.
Our opening shot is a pan of the docks where all the rusty boats and dark alleyways are, this will create a more intensed feel to the beggining, I come out of an alleyway and walk towards the docks alongside the boats, this setting I feel was the best location we could think of. I am meant to look mysterious and shifty, I walk over to geroge to meet him and george is meant to look big strong and cocky, and very aggresive. George is wearing dark clothes and gives me a stare as if he doesn't trust me and suspects that i've done something or going to.
Once i walk over to him we stare for a while to create an even more tensed atmosphere, no words are exchanged in this. Its quiet and George hands over an envelope, I snatch it straight away, then out of nowhere a mysterious unknown 3rd person is watching us exchange, which will keep the audience intrigued and leave a questions in their heads. Me and george go different ways and dont speak a word, I then disspaear into a dark alleyway and our film fades out into black. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment